Thursday, May 25, 2006

Sunset

I'm not sure where this photo came from but it is fitting for the narrative to follow. I'm happy to say that the sun is setting on our mission. We will be returning soon and according to CNN three times our number will be replacing us. Some are already here more are not far behind. The enemy already knows so hopefully they chill out for awhile. We are happy to turn Ramadi over to the "New Guys". With the amout of firepower heading this way I think and hope that the insurgent's days in this area are nearly over. Once this city is cleaned out, the road to success will be much shorter.

I've been bugging our soldiers to provide pictures for this site, but haven't had much luck. I stopped taking pictures a month ago so everything I have is old. Oh well. Everyone is fine and we are looking forward to seeing our loved ones VERY soon. I'll try to get one last photo of each soldier up before the site closes.

On a sad note: SPC. Sales father passed away recently. The BDE got him out of here the next day and he is home with his family. We get so wrapped up with the possibility of death here that we forget its possible anywhere but here. Our hearts and thoughts go out to the Sales family. We are comforted that Andrew and his dad did get to see each other while he was on leave. I don't think he had been back for much more than a week before he got the terrible news and headed back home. Posted by Picasa

1 Comments:

Blogger Living Dees Life said...

Happy to hear you and your group are comming home. Saddened to hear even more are taking your place. 3x the number, that is many of our men. I pray they do thier job well and I pray for your safe return.

*salute*

9:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home