Monday, April 24, 2006

REMF

Well, John is back in the states. He hurt his back. Some crazy insurgent shot at him (We'll not at him but near him, many of our enemies don't aim well). So he did a double backflip with a triple gainer trying to get to cover. I hear his patrol mates held up signs giving him a decent score; 8.75, 9.25, and the Italian in the group gave him an 11 (even though we all know 10 is the best score possible).

You realize that the ratio of Officers vs Enlisted leaving the fight is 3 to 1. Conspiracy theory anyone? John was a great boss while he lasted. He took the heat instead of passing the buck, backed me on most of my rants, defused my when I need it, and didn't micro manage. Hope his injury heals quickly.

We killed alot of bad guys this week. They are acting up and making themselves more visible. While you may think this is a bad thing, there is some satisfaction in seeing your enemy so you can shoot them vs getting shot at and never seeing who shot at you. Or so I hear anyway. I don't get to share the burden too often. Stay Tuned... Posted by Picasa

2 Comments:

Blogger Papa Ray said...

Hey, Young'en.

Yea, its payback time when you can get them in your sights.

My first tour, I was just another grunt in the line and we traveled mostly by chopper, but we always seemed to be a day late and a dollar short or wound up getting our asses shot up in the LZ.

My second tour, I managed a xfer to an LLRP unit. We got to do it all, in the dark on the move, bad boys traveling light. I got my payback then, calling in the big boys on whatever we found. We would sit back and have a ringside seat to see the death and descruction.

It felt really good. Of course my mind paid for it when I came back to the world. Years of drinking (no drugs), wild and crazy actions and several near death experiences didn't slow me up for about five years.

Took a woman to do that.

And later, some VA head docs and group bitching and recalling the bad as well as the good times.

I left way too many buds over there, or rather they left me, in the long metal boxes bound for home.

Tell your buds, to get help first before they think they need it.

I'ts easier and a lot less messy that way.

Papa Ray
West Texas
USA

5:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

well that's depressing.

2:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home