Thursday, January 20, 2011

Kuwait...Again.

I haven't taken any pictures yet because I HATE THIS PLACE. The only saving grace is that I'm here in Winter instead of Summer so the weather is ok. Same old dirt. The place has grown since 2005.
I noticed on the ride from the airport to the base hundreds of tents set up on the roadsides. It seems the local populace are paid to experience thier Bedouin tribal heritage by sharing the nomadic lifestyle. To me as an outsider looking in it seems tarnished by the fact that some run electricity to the tents. Imagine an Amish family using a motorcycle to pull the cart instead of a horse. Hey, who am I to judge. Whatever.
The troops are in good spirits but itching to get to work. Should be heading North soon. Despite the challenges ahead we are sick of waiting.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home